What software to take to clients?

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I have a big bunch of potential clients who are wanting their laptops 'cleaned up'. What programs can i run from a usb stick that i can use to give their PCs a good scrub, and are their any defrags i can run in about twenty minutes?

All help appreciated, rep distributed where help is given

when you say run from a stick, you mean without installing anything?
because that's a lot of tools gone already.

as for de fragmenting a disk within 20 minutes, a small disk that's not particularly fragmented you probably can do, but I suspect that it'll actually take longer.

I have the install file for Malware Bytes Anti Malware on my jump drive. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to install it. It is one of the best for cleaning up virus/spyware activity that I've found.

Let me reword my query
- if you went to a customer house and they wanted their pc how would you go about it?

Why not use the Defragger that comes with the computer.
Then just download something on their computer, and when you're finished, just delete it?

I take a cd wallet along with my usb drive.

in cd wallet:

windows xp sp3
g parted live cd
slax live linux cd
windows vista dvd

usb drive:
ccleaner
avg
malwarebytes
firefox 3.5

I also take a 320gb external hard drive for backing up their files.

the tools that you'd take and use would surely depend on the symptoms each machine was experiencing...

I mean in truth av scan anti malware scans are a good idea, but there really isnt a one solution fixes all solution thing to do.

and you're looking for things that run in around 20 minutes? I don't think you'll find a defrag that runs in that time on a very fragmented disk, or a virus scanner, and you'd be lucky to have a malware scan complete in that time as well.

Back
Top Bottom