Please help, new pc

eesotereh

In Runtime
Hey guys, been a while for me! Last time I was here I didnt have the dough to get a new PC but now I can. I'm just losing my wits because first I dont know which manufacturer would be reliable: Been looking at cyberpowerpc and ibuypower. PCusa had the best price but Ive read terrible things about them at resellerratings. Cyberpowerpc is the next best choice on paper they have best price for what u can get and their configuration options is more extensive. But I dont know!

The next thing was that picing out a mobo is slowly killing me man :confused:
I was looking at gigabyte over asus for a couple days and it seemed the x58 UD4 or 5 was looking good. Not to mention they were saying Asus had bios problems. Then I started seeing comments about gigabyte not being reliable. Grrrrrrr. Then theres MSI....man.

I want this for audio production, not gaming. Im lookin i7 920 with 6 gig ram. And the most minimal graphics card I can get away with. I think I picked geforce 9400...??

Anyway, any comments, advise, help is appreciated

ASUS is very reliable, so is Gigabyte, so either way you'd be set! Get whatever works for you, and/or saves you $$

ASUS is very reliable, so is Gigabyte, so either way you'd be set! Get whatever works for you, and/or saves you $$

Well therein lies the question I guess. For audio, between the different models of Asus P6 series and the UD series of Gigabyte, I'm a bit confused.

How come you are looking at the custom building websites?
Why don't you just put together the machine yourself?
We'll help you pick the parts, and you can just put it all together?

How come you are looking at the custom building websites?
Why don't you just put together the machine yourself?
We'll help you pick the parts, and you can just put it all together?

I guess I could consider that. I was thinking about it. But is there anything wrong with those aformention sites in case I want to go with them?
I was going to buy parts from newegg if I build myself, only because I have before and I like their service. By the way, i appreciate the responses guys. I tried other forums, like tomshardware and they dont help, just bicker like married couples about what can out perform what.

So here was my list of the important components:

POWERSUPPLY: Corsair Power Supplies (750 Watts CMPSU-750TX - Quad SLI Ready
CPU: Intel� Core� i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
FAN: XtremeGear Ultra Triple Heatpipes Cool Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan
MOBO: (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Ultra Durable�3 Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA,Dual GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio
MEMORY: Corsair 6GB (2GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 16X PCI Express

HDD: Seagate Data/OS Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
HDD2: 320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

I guess I could consider that. I was thinking about it. But is there anything wrong with those aformention sites in case I want to go with them?
Nothing wrong with them.
It's just they will be more expensive (You gotta pay the people ya know) and of course you won't have the satisfaction of saying "You see that there? I built that! *Puffs out chest*
But it's your call.

Nothing wrong with them.
It's just they will be more expensive (You gotta pay the people ya know) and of course you won't have the satisfaction of saying "You see that there? I built that! *Puffs out chest*
But it's your call.

No I defnitely hear ya, I do like to do a bit of chest puffing here and there :)
I mean, Im not set on the decision so I just might do it. Either way though, thats the components Im looking at. And this is for audio mixing and stuff not gaming. So I thought those parts would be best for me and still high end.

edit: new post

Back
Top Bottom