How would you rate this laptop?

i wouldn't buy it for $800, cuz for like a couple hundred more you can get a gtx260 and a core 2 duo in there

What's your budget? Are you planning to do anything specific with this notebook?

If your going to game, I don't believe a laptop will be optimal for you. If its for work, thats different..

I thought that gaming on a laptop would be fun once.. bad, bad idea. I went out and spent big money on an ASUS gaming laptop..

You need a mouse unless you can deal with playing with the touchpad.
You need headphones unless the speakers are great, or you don't want to talk through a crappy mic.
You can't really upgrade a laptop.. it is what it is for the most part.
The keys are more compact, and so you'll miss your full sized keyboard.
Has to do with the smaller keyboard.. but due to the size of the keyboard, your arms will usually bend IN and OVER.. which becomes uncomfortable on your wrists.
Extra cables due to the extra devices..
Limited USB ports.

Just my two cents.. get a desktop if gaming is priority.

Ya thats what i wanted in the first place but my parents dont want to buy me a desktop. I'm really looking for a computer with a better graphics card than the intel graphics 4500 and 4gb of ram with a good processor for at max arounf 800 dollars. The computer will be used for playing CS:S, combat arms, and maybe halo or left 4 dead.

PS: i am trying to convice them to get a desktop but there only concern is where we would put it and that it would take up alot of room.

You don't need a full tower, and mid atx towers don't take up that much room. You certainly must have somewhere to put a computer.. even on top of your desk.

Tell them desktops are less money to repair, easier to upgrade, and will likely last longer than a laptop. Their cheaper to!

Ya So where would you find a small desktop? i am building an Hp s5150t that ends up around 818 dollars. Can i get one for cheaper?
Also wont it over heat if i put a quad core and and stuff in it?

Back
Top Bottom