keyboard dead key problem, vista.

danny_2132

Baseband Member
when i press ' or " on my keyboard it doesnt appear on the first go. i either have to press the key then press any other key or the same key again for it to appear, and both keys appear when i press it. eg if i press ' nothing will come up then if i press x then 'x will some up.

its been happening for ages but its recently geting really annoying.

does anyone know a fix?

i had the same problem before I reformatted my old computer except it was with the "a, q and w" keys. i thought it was just my keyboard being old but it seemed to have fixed my problem after i reformatted :\ i would have to either hold down the key for it to work or press caps lock or something else to get them to work so i know what your talking about unfortunately I still don't know why it happens.

Have you tried a different keyboard? Or tried that keyboard on a different computer?

I have taken apart keyboards and cleaned them to fix issues like this. You'd be surprised at how much dirt and hair gets into these things. Pay special attention to the area around the problem keys when cleaning and you might be able to avoid buying a new one.

lol its a new computer with a new keyboard.

and yes ive tired 2 other keyboards and the same thing happens.

i was hoping there would be like a simple registry tweak to fix it :(

yer i taught so thats i have vista in my thread name.

i think they need to fix it like now

I use a USB keyboard and mouse and don't have any problems. What connection type are you using? USB or PS/2?

Back
Top Bottom