Building a custom pc

Well, tomorrow I plan on buying some parts at the local store. And I will have more to say when i get that. I could just use magnets to hold the top on? hmmmmm

Haha, the parents have already said that they will get me a new laptop as a graduation present. So, I will have the top of the line laptop then. But this project would just be a "look what I made" kind of bragging.

Well, tomorrow I plan on buying some parts at the local store. And I will have more to say when i get that. I could just use magnets to hold the top on? hmmmmm

Haha, the parents have already said that they will get me a new laptop as a graduation present. So, I will have the top of the line laptop then. But this project would just be a "look what I made" kind of bragging.

You actually can use magnets.
I flew RC planes (Nerdy, but I like it) And I know people who use magnets to hold their wings on.
And they fly the planes like crazy, so imagine how much force the magnets can withstand, they will be able to hold the top one :D
Hehe I prefer desktops, I don't know why, I just do.

It actually makes a lot of sense to use magnets. So that if you crash the plane, the wing won't break, but just disconnect.

It actually makes a lot of sense to use magnets. So that if you crash the plane, the wing won't break, but just disconnect.

Yep, but when I crash, everything breaks :D
If I'm gonna crash, I try to make it spectacular :D
So are you gonna use magnets?

I haven't decided whether or not to use magnets. I will think about it when I get to it.

Anyways, I have some pictures so show!

These are a collection of the (very) quick sketches that I made. These were just me throwing ideas out there.
DSCN1088.JPG

DSCN1089.JPG

DSCN1090.JPG

DSCN1091.JPG

DSCN1093.JPG

I decided to make the dimensions of the trailer 7 inches tall x 5 inches wide x 24 inches long.

I cut out a piece of cardboard to draw on. That way I could get an idea of how to lay things out. (sorry for the blurriness)
DSCN1084.JPG

This is going to be the floor:
DSCN1085.JPG

So far the parts I have are the power supply, hard drive, and CD/DVD Drive. I ordered the mother board (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500010) and I just need to order a processor and ram.

Anyways, here is the real life layout so far (Note the harddrive and fan will be mounted vertically, but won't stay that way on their own for the pictures):
DSCN1086.JPG

DSCN1087.JPG

Back
Top Bottom