Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
dirtbikerac
Solid State Member

Default Re: Building a custom pc

With the LEDs, sounds simple enough.

And mounting the motherboard sounds doable. I would just need holes for the usb ports, and video, audio, keyboard, mouse.

Mounting the DVD drive on the rear sounds sweet. With the door opening concealing the drive and then opening the door to show the dvd drive. But, how would I hinge the door on? Keep the door closed? How would I mount the dvd drive in place? I don't think it has to be mounted as carefully as say the hdd or motherboard, as long as the dvd drive can't move, right?

If you could explain how the power supply would work in the front. Would the power supply fan be exposed? How would I plug in the cable, if the fan is blowing out? If it is blowing in, it would just be blowing hot air in, right? If I had it blowing in, would I just have the power cable running from the front of the truck to the rear?

How should I make the trailer open? Like a normal pc case, the case has a frame, with detachable sides and top. Do you think a removable roof would be good enough? Or side? How would I make them detachable, but still sturdy when in place?

Also, what do you think the dimensions of the trailer should be? I was thinking tallest item would be the motherboard, which I believe was about 9". And wide enough for everything else.

Anyways, I think I will go over to a local computer store and look for some used parts. I plan on finding that tiny motherboard, some cheap laptop ram, and finding compatible parts for the motherboard.

Anyways, thanks again! Hopefully with your help, help of my family (and their wallet), I can build something I will keep forever. When I go to college, everyone will be jealous! hahahaha!