I feel Dumb -- XP Questions

Iontheable

In Runtime
So I'm attempting to reformat my i7 build with Xp, rather than the already installed Win7..

So I backed up all my data and proceded to install a fresh XP 64 on my 320Gb drive.

It was a buggy install, had to reboot several times and now that I have the OS loaded I have two main issues, but my primary concern is my inability to connect to the internet.

I'm using an ethernet cable that I know is good, I was connected running Win7 earlier today..and I am using my onboard port.

Any suggestions?

you will need your mobo (motherboard) drivers installed. Go to your mobo's website to download them most likely.

you will need your mobo (motherboard) drivers installed.

Precisely, XP isn't the all knowing os that Win7 is, you'll need to load drivers for chipset, lan, audio (maybe) etc.

Go into Device Manager and note which devices need drivers (they should have a yellow exclamation mark by them) then head to the board manufacturers site and see if they have the driver available.

XP x64 wasn't very well supported so good luck.

Hi matey

First you mentioned that it was a buggy install. I would seriously find out what was causing it. Did it flash any errors?

Back
Top Bottom