Why is my computer running so slow?

2 gigs is not really that bad if hes not playing newer High end games.

and Zeating your ram is underclocked right now then, you should be able to go into your bios and get it to running at the full 800MHz its rated for...

If you dont know how to get into the bios, soon as you start your comp it will say something like Press __ to enter setup (usually delete, F2, or F1)

once you get in there look around for a RAM clock setting and set it to the 400MHz setting, If you really dont feel comfortable doing it or think your on the wrong setting then DONT just ask us... but its really not as hard as it sounds

by the way i still think its ur psu

When i set it to 800mhz, (400x2) it still puts my memory at 357x2... Do i have to raise the voltage on my ram??

Bump... on any source game i get 40-20 fps drops...
Also 3dmark06 score.
30m3hw2.jpg

Seems low..

Ive already suggested the powersupply, I really cant see it being anything else if your only playing source games... unless you have viruses bogging your system down

The power supply should not affect you at all. Even if your system is underpowered, it will just shut off or tell you that it can't enable 3D acceleration due to lack of power. If the memory tab on CPUZ reads 357, the DDR is 714 which is plenty fast for games like UT04. Is 3D acceleration enabled in your GPU's control panel? Whatever the issue it, it's GPU related. The Proc seems capable enough to handle games like that. I used to top 40 frames with my P4 @ 2.0 featuring 1Gb of PC2100 and a PCI MX4000. So it's definitely linked to your GPU not running at its capabilities. When did this issue begin?

I've had problems ever since i got the card, it just never seemed to run very fast...maybe its a driver problem? what drivers should i use

The latest. I would think ATi.com would have the latest drivers or the Manufacturer's website.

Back
Top Bottom