Slow CPU

julian.irwin

Beta member
My new E7500 (@2.93) is only clocking in at 2.2 ghz when I use some utility I found online called "CPU speed pro". It's not tripping the thermal protection mechanism in the BIoS so I don't think heat is a problem. Should I just overclock it up a bit? Is clocking in slow normal?
Thank you!

Depending on your motherboard chipset and operating system, the CPU may throttle down to conserve power and lower temperatures.

As I type this my 3 Ghz quad core runs between 800 and 1800 Mhz with an occational jump to 3 Ghz.

Phew. I'm having a problem with the CMOS battery too and I was hoping I had not messed up the mobo in a way that wrecked the cpu's power supply. Thaks again!!

Phew. I'm having a problem with the CMOS battery too and I was hoping I had not messed up the mobo in a way that wrecked the cpu's power supply. Thaks again!!

Just be very careful not to short circuit anything, or scratch the motherboard. The number one cause of motherboard death is damage caused by slipping with a screwdriver and scratching the integrated circuit motherboard.

Ok. In ubuntu I turned on a CPU monitor. The highest i can set the CPU at is 2.2. In win 7 under my hardware settings it says E7500 @ 2.93 2.2. I swear something is wrong.

What else can I do in th bios to speed up the CPU?

All newer chips have Speedstep(Intel) and AMD Cool n Quiet(AMD) Not something you want enabled when overclocked at ALL.

yea as long as its reading the right speed at the POST, any variation in the system is due to speedstep or cool n quiet. both of which can be disabled.

Back
Top Bottom