Restore Points help

biferi

Daemon Poster
How mutch Disk Space does it take to hold 2. Restore Points for Win xp pro????

And how good are they to have???

What I meen is whenever I useto have them in my old pc no matter what the problem was they never fixed it
Thanks

You can't limit it to "one" restore point, Restore is either on or off, when it is on it automatically creates restore points at set intervals or you can manually make them, if it is off it clears all restore points.

You can manage how many points are stored by limiting the amount of disk space allocated to restore and which drives have it activated.

Restore points have saved me at times, they can be handy.

It is worth it. You may never use them, but they'll be one time when you wish you had them...

Well what I ment was this.

One time I Deletted a File and then I Empted my Recycel Bin.

So I used my Restore Point and the File still never came back.

And then another timne it did not work for me and I keep thinking what are they for realy??

The impression I've got was that it's designed far more in case you trash some critical file in one way or another and need to roll your configuration back than if you accidentally delete a file you need.

Personally I don't bother, if I need to reinstall windows then I'll reinstall it and keep regular backups of any important files (which everyone should be doing anyway!) to restore to the new install.

The impression I've got was that it's designed far more in case you trash some critical file in one way or another and need to roll your configuration back than if you accidentally delete a file you need.

Personally I don't bother, if I need to reinstall windows then I'll reinstall it and keep regular backups of any important files (which everyone should be doing anyway!) to restore to the new install.

Amen, reverend...

They don't restore your files or change any of your files. Restore points only deal with programs so if you install a program and it hoses your PC (viruses are like programs in this case) you can go back. Or if you delete a Windows file, it will restore that too.

Whether you use them or not, it is always a good idea to have a recent backup of all your data on a jump drive or external HDD or CD.

Back
Top Bottom