Firewire help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I have a computer with a 6. Pin Firewire Card Installed in it.

Now I just built a computer can I take the Firewire Card out of the other one and just Install it in the one I built???

I have no Drivers for it because my old other computer that has the Firewire Card came with everything Pre Installed.

And my new Computer has Win Xp Pro Service Pack 3 so I was thing that windows would just Pick it up as new hardware and find a Driver.

Or is this not how it works???

Please any help

It is likely that XP will find it and install it. However it might not, in which case you'll have to find the driver online. It could me mildly difficult, but I think you can do it. Try it and see if XP finds it. If not and you need help, post the card type/manufacturer/model number and we'll help you find the driver for it.

Well I dont know the Model or Manufacture of the Firewire Card.
And I know win xp will say ffound new Hardwere but will it go online to find it the Driver I meen??

Well I dont know the Model or Manufacture of the Firewire Card.
And I know win xp will say ffound new Hardwere but will it go online to find it the Driver I meen??

If XP doesn't install the drivers, look for any tags or numbers on the card and look the numbers up on the internet. I have never failed to find drivers for old cards by using the numbers I found on the card. I have however, failed to find Vista drivers for older cards where all that was available was XP drivers.

One thing if I take the Firewire Card out of my old computer and then I give the computer to someone when they Boot it up and there is now Firewire Card installed will they start getting Error Massages???

I know some times things like this happens???

One thing if I take the Firewire Card out of my old computer and then I give the computer to someone when they Boot it up and there is now Firewire Card installed will they start getting Error Massages???

I know some times things like this happens???

I don't think so. You can always try it.

The Firewire Card that is in my Old computer was around 2. to 3. years Old how do I know the Card Speed?

Well what I meen is if it is a 32 Bit Card or what I know it is a 6. Pin Card that can Power the Device it plugs into?

We are going to need more info about the card in order to help you. You should be able to take it out and look at it. There should be stickers or lettering on the card indicating make/model/manufacturer. We'll need all or at least some of that info before we can really help you with this.

It is good to know that something like this can be doen.

But I think I will Buy my new Card because I just built this computer and I want to make sure that I have Drivers.

Back
Top Bottom