Hybernate help

Thanks everyone for all the help.

One thing
I am using Hibernate Mode but when I go to Start then Shutdown the window that comes up says
Shutdown.....Turn Off.........Re Start

How do I put a Hibernate Button up there??

I looked at the Topic someone gave me a link to and it says.
Hold The Shift Key Down and it will replace Stand By Button on screen with a Hibernate Button.

It did not work????????????

On the bottum of the Keyboard it says
HTK - 1001

And my Motherboar is
ECS A780GM - A V 1.1

Now I was in my BIOS and Enabled the Mouse and Kyboard and PS2 and things like this for waking up the computer????????????????

According to ECS motherboard manual, in the bios, under power management, the ACPI suspend type should be set to S3, the resume by PS2 KB (keyboard) should be set to S3, and the resume by PS2 MS (mouse) should be set to S3. S3 signifies suspend to RAM.

I know your keyboard is PS2, so it should work. If you want your mouse to wake the computer it must be a PS2 mouse.

A point of interest. I am typing this from a computer with an Asus M4N72-E motherboard. When I hit the Sleep key (with the moon symbol)on my keyboard the computer goes to sleep and all the fans power down. The light in the main power button blinks slowly. When I hit the Sleep button again, everything wakes up. The one problem with my system, the mouse is a wireless USB mouse. I doen't work after waking from sleep mode. I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work after waking from sleep mode.

[edit]

Hibernate button does not appear in Windows XP

If I put the computer in Stan By Mode will the Keboard and mouise turn off or what is it doing?

I just have a Stand By Button on the Shutdown Screen

I have win xp pro and I no matter if I have my Power Options set to have everything go into Sleep Mode or Stand By Mode or Hibernation Mode when I turn off my Computer I go to Start Shutdown and the window that comes up always says
Stand By.....Shutdown....Restart.

So how do I know what my computer is doing or if it is doing what I want it to do???

OK when I go to Start Sgutdown the window that comes up says
Stand By.....Turn Off........Restart

If I hold Down the Shit Key the Stand By Tab turns into Hibernate Tab.
And I click this and it goes into Hibernate Mode.

But I see if I let go of the Shift Key it turns right back to Stand By Tab.

How can I get it to always say Hibernate Mode???

Back
Top Bottom