Relaxing

but if you don't find him funny then it is usually repulsive and very inappropriate haha, most of the time it's funny so ya hahaha

Edit: I was just thinking about John C Lilly and his design of the sense deprivation tank, and thought to myself i should try and find one to use. It would interesting to as what I would come up with out of nothing. In the past these tanks interested me a bunch and i spent hours studying them and listening to Timothy Leary talk about them as with John Lilly. So i guess the question is now, have any of you guys heard stories about them or experienced them yourself?

I don't want internet stories or anything like that. I am looking for first hand stories that can be explained further.:Edit

Rap is very interesting. There's some great artists out there that really know poetry, and use that to their advantage. Their songs speak out, and influence people. Then there's artists like DeAndre Ramone Way, who's only motive is to drive a profit from his music. No soul, no meaning. Just a worthless tune that's hot for the next few months. "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" is probably one of the worst songs I've ever listened to in my life, and I make no apologies for that.

Tupac has some very deep and worthwhile lyrics in almost all of his songs. Granted some are just for bumpin' in the car too, but alot of them are/could be very influencial.

"Crank That (Soulja Boy)" is probably one of the worst songs I've ever listened to in my life, and I make no apologies for that.

Someone who thinks like me!
Everyone in my school LOVED this song, they were all listening to it, dancing to it and so on.
I for one just could not stand THAT SONG!!
It was just a bunch of idiots yelling soulja boy! And saying stupid stuff like that, and the worst part is, they made millions! While someone like Cascada (I find her songs good) is just making little money for actual good songs!
Another bad song is Turn my Swag on.
I can also go on the radio sing "Hop up out of bed, turn my swag on" and I will take the money.
But Eminem is good, along with others.

I agree that if you are looking for 'meaningful' songs than most 'rap' isn't the way to go. However, you have to think that a lot of those songs are made just for people to get excited about and dance to. They aren't trying to make a meaningful song with purpose and they don't want it to say anything important.

^point made. Like i know Phish bases a bunch of their songs off real life experiences and how they were feeling. One song called wading in the velvet sea the keyboardist always cry's during because it is such an emotional song for him to sing to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7q7rPExCQ

or when Phish finally decided to get back together with a few members and Trey the lead singer/song writer realized he had made a terrible mistake for messing up the band he wrote a song about how he loves how close he is with his friends and misses being with them. This is the first recording of it ever and it is my favorite one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUWpIYEjvRw

Why is it that genres like this can be so meaningful and creative while most rap, but not all is based on idiotic things that make me feel sorry for future youth who is being raised on it.

^your point taken as well.

However, there are a lot of rappers who actually sing about their real life too. Alot of the lyrics are based off of things that happened to them. They were raised in the ghettos, they were selling drugs, they were doing the things they sing about. The 'fake' rappers are the ones who only pretend to do those things. I don't know which is which, but rappers do and sometimes it's easy to tell. I haven't listened to rap since the mid 90's (when 2-pac, dre, and snoop were big and eminem was just coming out) but back then they were all real. That's why I quit listnening because it got fake.

I know that, but they take it too far by saying they did this and that then later on in the song just talking about how they wanted to do it but never did. Or it's all about clubs and what kind of girls they have and drugs they are taking. I know a few rappers out there who aren't like that but in the general population of them, most of it is crap.

Back
Top Bottom