Random Chit Chat

With the method i use,you dont have to make the ICON0 Images and what not,it does that all for you.

What method do you use?

Also with Custom Firmware you just dump the converted EBOOT Into your game folder and away you go.

Not entirely true, some games works better with certain POPS version than others. For example, playing FFVII on CFW with POPS 3.80 will cause your game to freeze and shut down right when you get into battle. While if you tried it with POPS 3.72, you will almost run the game flawlessly.
I have a lot of trouble trying to run some of my games, and most of the time is either because of my current CFW, or because of the POPs version I am using.
Play more PSX games, and you will see what I mean about compatibility, or simply Google it (quick Google link), and you will see all these people having problems with it.
Wikianswers said:
These are the dumped files from the PSP firmware releases required for the seamless play of PSX games on the portable. There are so many versions because not all of them work for all games. It may be a case of trial and error to see which pops version works with a particular PSX game... Otherwise it will simply load your previously selected version of pops and behave in the same undesireable way. The good news is. 99% of all PSX games will run on the PSP, with the correct POPS version running in tandem.
Which is why they created this link.

Check out this video I made showing the example of POPS.

EDIT - Would have posted this awhile back, but I thought an video demonstration would be better, but I kind of had some technical difficulties recording.

Originally Posted by Neodude112320
With the method i use,you dont have to make the ICON0 Images and what not,it does that all for you.
What method do you use?

The Latest PSX2PSP 1.40 GUI Automatically resizes the images for you.

Also i didnt know about the compatibility between the different POPS Versions,thanks for enlightening me :D

Ah, my brother used to use that. He told me he had problems with it or something. I never actually tried it as the one I am currently using does the job for me.

Yeah it's quite good but i had troubles when i was using ISO Images,they never worked.Switched over to IMG Images and now it works wonders!

I Just plugged my X-fi into my computer for the first time on windows 7.

Capture-5.png

I REALLY Like this! Dont know why as it isnt really that useful but it's a nice touch :D

It sucks that Sony blocked people with FW (Official or Custom) 5.00 from the PSN network. Now I have to go back to OFW, or try the 5.50 GEN-A just to access the PSN network. Don't know if it is actually worth it.

This reveals how much knowledge I have about PSPs:

Teny's post:
It sucks that Sony blocked people with FW (Official or Custom) 5.00 from the PSN network. Now I have to go back to OFW, or try the 5.50 GEN-A just to access the PSN network. Don't know if it is actually worth it.

What I made out of it:
It sucks that Sony blocked people from the PSN network. Now I have to try to access the PSN network. Don't know if it is actually worth it.

Fail.

Haha, well, if you have an PSP with CFW 5.00M33 and below, you will see what I mean.

You guy's should know what an Firmware is right? It's pretty much an update to improve something.

Back
Top Bottom