Hybernate help

Does your computer wake from Hibernate or stand by if you use the main on-off switch on the case?

Yes if I hit the Power Button on the Tower the computer will Wake from Stand By or Hibernation.

Yes it is working but I have my BIOS Set to have it wake when I hit any key or move the mouse.

And it only wakes when I hit the Power Button on the tower.

So you would tell me Well I Think Your Keyboard Is Not Working.

But if my Keyboard was not working right why does it Turn Off if I hit the OFF Key on the Keyboard and why does it go into Hibernation when I hit the Hibernate Key on the Keyboard but it wont come back up or wake when I hit a Key on the Keyboard????

I looked through the posts in this thread and didn't see you mention which motherboard you are using. So, what is your motherboard make and model? Now, you have me wondering!

The Motherboard says
HTK - 1001

If I gointo Controle Pannel and I go to Keboard and then Properties I see Driver Update Un Install Driver and a fue other things.

If I pick Up Date Driver would it not go look for a new Driver for it???

Or do I have to un install the Driver first in Device Manager??

The Motherboard says
HTK - 1001

If I gointo Controle Pannel and I go to Keboard and then Properties I see Driver Update Un Install Driver and a fue other things.

If I pick Up Date Driver would it not go look for a new Driver for it???

Or do I have to un install the Driver first in Device Manager??

I don't think it is a driver problem.

HTK - 1001 is that the model number for your motherboard, or your keyboard?

I would like your computer motherboard model number so I can download the operators manual and see what it says about suspend/sleep modes. So that I might help you and to satisfy my curiosity.

On the bottum of the Keyboard it says
HTK - 1001

And my Motherboar is
ECS A780GM - A V 1.1

Now I was in my BIOS and Enabled the Mouse and Kyboard and PS2 and things like this for waking up the computer????????????????

So here is the problem for all of you who couldn't get through all the junk on this thread...(too many people trying to talk about spelling and junk...)

OP (original poster) puts computer into stand-by or hibernate but when he moves the mouse or hits a button on the keyboard it won't 'wake-up'. OP has set the bios settings to 'wake on mouse/keyboard'. It use to work and now it doesn't. OP has to use the power button on the tower to wake the computer.

Here is my 2 cents. First I wouldn't expect the computer to wake from hibernation using the keyboard or mouse because they would be turned off. The computer goes into an ultra-low powerstate and is 'almost' turned off. However, it should be able to wake from stand-by using either one. What I would do is disable hibernation and see if that helps any. Sometimes having it enabled and not using it cause issues. Also, do you have it set to ask for a password when it wakes? If so try turning that off. We can see if that helps. If you have another keyboard, it wouldn't hurt to try it. It might not make a difference but it won't hurt. Also, turn the System Stand-by after: to never. See if that helps. We can start with these settings and work our way out to see if we can discover the issue. Also if you have only recently enabled the wake up on keyboard/mouse in your BIOS, set it back to whatever it was and see if that affects it at all.

Back
Top Bottom