So I'm building a computer on a $600US budget...

1Nation

Baseband Member
Ok I have been picking parts off newegg to build this computer I want. I am paying for it my self and I currently have an account with $1600 set off for personal stuff. Because of this I only want to spend $600 and buy other things with the $1000. I have a list of parts picked I think will work, if you could look them over and tell me if you see any compatibility issues that would be great.

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail

Processor Heatsink:
Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX 92mm Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

Motherboard Updated
VVVVVVVVVV
Motherboard:
ASUS P5Q Turbo LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory:
A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1B16K - Retail
Added another set of memory for total of 8gb.

Video Card:
ZOTAC ZT-95TEK2P-FSL GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Case W/Power Supply:
Broadway Com Corp 712-4HLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail

CD Drive:
LG DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS50 - OEM

Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar Green WD7500AADS 750GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM

Is their anything else I will need besides a ribbon cable and an e-SATA cable? Are any of the parts there junk? I tried to pick ones with good ratings. The grand total is $560, so is there anything I can upgrade, I will be using an external usb wireless card I already have so no need for a network card. I already have a keyboard/monitor etc. from my current PC. Also I may want to add some USB ports to the front, what can I do? All help
appreciated thanks! BTW, OS will be WinXP Pro, I have a CD and key.

PS: Will I need a power harness?

@hemp
These are all parts from newegg not a computer building site so I will need to buy the cables.

I know that, but when i bought my HDD, and mobo in the box it came with the wires and all. when you buy something from newegg it come in the box, and will have the wires you need in them.

Those all look compatible. You shouldn't need any cables as they come with the motherboard. I wouldn't say some of the choices are junk, a couple could be improved though. What are you planning on using the computer for?

Those all look compatible. You shouldn't need any cables as they come with the motherboard. I wouldn't say some of the choices are junk, a couple could be improved though. What are you planning on using the computer for?

GAMING, GAMING, GAMING!!!!!111!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, well... Gaming....

What can I improve then? I might go to super talent memory...

What kind of games are you trying to play on the machine? At the very least, some games will require more than a 9500GT if you intend to 'push the envelope'. If you don't mind low to medium on some games, then you should be okay..

I don't think you'd be playing Crysis very well for instance.

What kind of games are you trying to play on the machine? At the very least, some games will require more than a 9500GT if you intend to 'push the envelope'. If you don't mind low to medium on some games, then you should be okay..

I don't think you'd be playing Crysis very well for instance.

I'm sure a 1gb graphics card will be more than comparable to handle the likes of FarCry and COD4 multiplayer. Also my massive mix of steam games - Garry's mod, TF2, CSS, HL2, Left 4 Dead etc. Steam is just so darn cheap and convienient...

I don't right like crysis...

Back
Top Bottom