Any idea's on how to sleep better?

I think i can joke about my own problems if i want to? It makes me feel better about the subject.

^ over the counter stuff that will make you sleep is the same concept of taking prescription. He also has depression issues and doesn't want to go on it.

My brothers girlfriend when she was depressed took melatonin in small dosage as recommended by her doctor and it put her to sleep and in a better mood when she woke up. it is all natural, and has no side effects. Since it is all natural it only works on about 1/10 people. Thats why there is no side effects because of how gentle it is on your system. It is worth a try to take a 3mg pill before bed. A doctor could help you out with that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

{EDIT} In the article it says there are very few side effects, i have talked to several doctors about insomnia and melatonin, and they all say all there patients who have taken melatonin have had zero side effects from it, only benefits.{EDIT}

^ over the counter stuff that will make you sleep is the same concept of taking prescription. He also has depression issues and doesn't want to go on it.

My brothers girlfriend when she was depressed took melatonin in small dosage as recommended by her doctor and it put her to sleep and in a better mood when she woke up. it is all natural, and has no side effects. Since it is all natural it only works on about 1/10 people. Thats why there is no side effects because of how gentle it is on your system. It is worth a try to take a 3mg pill before bed. A doctor could help you out with that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

{EDIT} In the article it says there are very few side effects, i have talked to several doctors about insomnia and melatonin, and they all say all there patients who have taken melatonin have had zero side effects from it, only benefits.{EDIT}

I used to take melatonin, had no side effects except.. It made me sleepy. :p

Lol.. Yes.. I know that is the point of the drug.

That isn't the point of melatonin, for sleeping it is more of a placebo. I would take about 10 5mg pills a night. It is more of a placebo like i said before, it gets your mind thinking that these pills will make you tired and you become sleepy.

I talked to my pharmacist and doctor about it. Once people find out about it they suddenly aren't sleepy after taking it. It was all in their head.

It's weird though, they claimed all these things for it, now doctors don't tell people to take it as much because of that.

It promotes your sleep cycle which will help you go to bed at the same time every night, but it won't put you to sleep.

It is hard to explain and you guys are probably like WTF haha.

In rare cases it has been found to help a bunch, but normally it tricks your mind into doing what it should have done in the first place.

That isn't the point of melatonin, for sleeping it is more of a placebo. I would take about 10 5mg pills a night. It is more of a placebo like i said before, it gets your mind thinking that these pills will make you tired and you become sleepy.

I talked to my pharmacist and doctor about it. Once people find out about it they suddenly aren't sleepy after taking it. It was all in their head.

It's weird though, they claimed all these things for it, now doctors don't tell people to take it as much because of that.

It promotes your sleep cycle which will help you go to bed at the same time every night, but it won't put you to sleep.

It is hard to explain and you guys are probably like WTF haha.

In rare cases it has been found to help a bunch, but normally it tricks your mind into doing what it should have done in the first place.

.. It raises your melatonin levels in your brain. So technically it is "in your head" :p

They can't legally sell a product that is just a placebo.

They also can't sell a product stating it will make you sleep better, with out it actually working..
(with out the placebo effect)

That is a better explanation IMO there.

So you get what I am saying then

Back
Top Bottom