Installing Ram on Older HP Pavilion dv2000

FenixFan08

In Runtime
Alright well I have 2 sticks of 512 and when I put them in and go to Control Panel>System it still says I only have 256 installed. I tried both slots with different combinations and I have 2 other sticks of 512 that I had in a different laptop and it still does the same thing.

Are you sure its clicking in when you install it?

Try putting in just one of the each of those sticks and see if your computer boots.

Yea I did that and it does. I tried that with both the different sticks in both the different slots.

Alright I will try that, if IE ever loads.. so slow with 256. But yeah just tried that manual up their and it still does the same thing. I'll update you about the crucial.com try in a few minutes

Ahhhhh... The scan says I have 1 GB total. What is going on?!?!

SEE!?!

So crucial says you have 1gb but theres only 256?
Whats windows say right now

I would try CPU-Z and see what that tells me.

Yea crucial said 1 gb and Control Panel>System>General 256 MB of Ram. I don't get it. I ordered 2 gigs on Wednesday so it better be here on Monday. I will install that and hopefully that will work. I will update you then. My mac worked first try:/ but stupid MS sucks.

Alright well I got my 2 GB stick today and installed it. Went to crucial says I have 2 GB installed in one slot, which is right. Went to System, still 256. I'm going to reinstall windows.

Back
Top Bottom