corrupt hard drive from nas

ati005

In Runtime
my lacie networkspace 1TB stopped working, so i removed the SATA hard drive from the case and connected it to my pc. it doesnt show on windows cuz it has an xfs filesystem so i used ubuntu. Ubuntu shows it but doesnt open it. it also shows how much free space there is but i cant access it. is there anyway around it without formatting?

ive diwnloaded the hirens boot cd. but i still cant find a way to access the files, what program should i be using from the cd to access the files?

I would suggest Kinnopix but if Ubuntu didn't work, Kinnopix probably won't.

[edit]
I searched (as I'm sure you did) and didn't find much on recovering the data from the drives of a Lacie networkspace NAS. How has your NAS failed? One of my Buffalo NAS linkstations failed, but I was able to get it working after jumping through a few hoops. Maybe you can get it working again.

my NAS just stopped working all of a sudden without any reason. these Lacie drives are very unreliable.

im trying to use partimage on system rescue cd, but it wont allow me to save images on to my ntfs drives. is there anyway i can make the ntfs drive writable in linux?

you'll need to download and install NTFS drivers.
these are not officially supported in Linux, and most come with warning like if it breaks, then it's your fault for using it!

I'd recommend that you try to use some data recovery tools to scan the drive whilst it's attached to your PC to recover the files.

im using partimage to save an image of the partition. is there anyway that i can open this image and view the files without restoring the image to the hardrive.

Back
Top Bottom