USB Flash-Drive Question.

theshadowxx

In Runtime
Hey I have a question about my USB flash drive 2gb, the thing is I transfer video files from my desktop to my laptop. I use my USB flash drive. But when i load my Videos on my USB flash drive from my desktop. they take about 3-5 min. But when I un-load them from my USB flash drive onto my laptop it only takes about 30 seconds. how come?

what are the specs on your desktop compared to your laptop and becuase hard drives use ntfs usually and flash drives use fat file systems

Chances are, your flash drive uses MLC (multi-layered Cell) NAND Flash which requires that all the data on the flash drive be re-written when it writes new data. So the write speeds are slower than read speeds.

ahhh so its nothing that I can do about it. besides buy a better flash-drive? or what? I thought it was something with my desktop, that maybe i could install something to make it go faster. btw my comp specs are in my sig.

You could buy a new one, but you probably won't see a large difference. Are your USB ports 2.0?

Back
Top Bottom