Cash for Clunkers...

I just don't get where people are getting this "the earth is warmer" stuff from?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517035,00.html

This is a very hardcore conservative network no matter what they all say about being fair and balanced. So make what you can out of it. But how are the caps growing when the earth is heating up. Some theory has to give.

Carbon emissions from vehicles will be lowered eminently. As time passes currently "clunkers" will stop running and people will have to buy new cars which will have the more friendly technology. What the current administration is doing is an attempt to speed this up. I don't see what is wrong with the program. They're not forcing you to sell your cars. The money spent on this program adds yet another incentive for people to start buying cars (which therefore jump starts the car market).
I just dont like them giving out our money to people giving in their crappy cars. I think they are putting our money in the wrong places.

This is a very hardcore conservative network no matter what they all say about being fair and balanced. So make what you can out of it. But how are the caps growing when the earth is heating up. Some theory has to give.

If I quickly had to give a reason I'd say it's because they are not in direct contact with the sun's rays as compared to other areas of the planted. There's 0 carbon emissions from Antarctica (whether it be from industrialization or decay).

I just dont like them giving out our money to people giving in their crappy cars.

Remember that people who give the crappy cars are also buying new cars. This is flow of money which helps out the economy big time.

I just think that instead of simply destroying the cars, they should be parted out, left in a Junkyard. Taking them off the streets and destroying them doesnt benefit anyone. In junkyards, they could get at least a couple hundred per car... Some of the real crappy ones, desroy them, but if someone brings in a 460 F-350, it's def worth keeping. Those Big Blocks are worth over $1000 in some cases.

can I assume that this is the same as the trade in scrapage scheme run in the UK?

for example, you buy a new car and they take your old one away and scrap it? in return you get money off the new car?

sounds fine in principal right? wrong! it's a shit idea.
firstly, I drive an old car because I can't afford a new car.
just taking £2k off the price of a new car won't change that, essentially it's either a case that your car will be worth more than the amount they'd let you trade it in for against a new car. (for example you're driving a true vintage/collectors item).

or your car is not worth the trade in value, so essentially you're getting a great deal, trading in a car worth perhaps only £100 and getting £2,000 back (off the price of a new car).

but didn't anyone think that there is a reason that people are driving around in cars that only cost them £100??

it's cause they can't afford a new car that cost £12k, and making it 10k instead won't change the fact that they can't afford that.

and Superman is right.

if anything they should be using the cars as scrap for parts, not just getting big metal bricks from them!

lets not forget that in all the time that these cars have been on the road they've probably produced less pollution than is generated in the process of making a new car.

that's right, the worst thing that you could do for the environment is actually buy a new car!! (and create demand for them to produce more new cars) stick with your old one, and yes, per mile it might produce a few more grams of CO2 but over a year, hell even a decade of heavy mileage that's still less than the amount of pollution created when a new car is made.

A perfect example of how much money is wasted in this country. PERFECT example.
I just wish all of the democrats would go to their own country in Europe or something and ruin their own lives. Everything they do just makes me sick.

Okay, so riddle me this:

The gov now regulates Chrysler and GM, but not Ford. Ford is the ONLY manufacturer that makes a 3/4 and 1 ton truck that isn't subject to the tight control the others are. So soon Ford is the only company that will be making diesel pickups because of this 30/30 rules or something like that.

What happens to all the guys that need a diesel truck? Because I sure as hell don't see a diesel of V-10 often at all that is a soccer mom truck. More often than not they are having the crap beat out of them by construction workers and the likes, who NEED that capacity, or RVers that need it to be able to RV. Most soccer moms are driving around these 1/2 ton gas guzzlers. What we need is incentive for people to buy smaller cars, not eliminating the super large ones.

We just got back from the dealership lol. They have been doing a great job of 'yanking our chain' and they don't want to accept the check given to us by the company we are loaning money from. Better yet, the whole deal ends tomorrow (according to the dealer, which I know is BS) and we don't have enough money for the new car. Looks like we may be stuck with our clunker for a while, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom