I'm a little suspiciouis....

Yeah, a 5.0 is from a Mustang, but not a Cobra. Nonetheless, it's not the stock engine that came in that truck.

The Legislation passed another $2Billion for the Cash for Clunkers program. Sure that pile of....pristine steel will give you the max.

That truck looks like like it needs more work than it's worth.

The Legislation passed another $2Billion for the Cash for Clunkers program. Sure that pile of....pristine steel will give you the max.

That truck looks like like it needs more work than it's worth.
Buy it for $300 and trade it in for $4500!......

Sensei, you're a genius.

only problem is that it has to be licensed for one year, and in running condition to trade it in.

1. It "runs" no problem. just not quite certified.
2. I dont think they have such a program in Ontario
3. I aint scrappin my first vehicle just yet :p
4. I got a guy who will help me fix it up and do the labour for free
5. I can get auto parts at a discount. I got a new muffler that will work, got the stuff to do the bodywork in my shed. All I need to buy is a brakeline.

Id dual that out to some hushpuppies.

Just bondo the hell out of that rear panel.

Sand it down and get some Rust-o-leum (sp? Wtf) and flat black the entire thing.

Take off that bug guard

Since you need new brake lines, do a shackle flip in the rear and some lift springs in the front and get M/T tires since yours look bald then you have a lift that cost next to nothing. Since you are just buying springs in a pair and not a lift I would just get 450lbs test springs.

needs a cd player

hooker headers..

have fun.

I went down to the local auto parts shop (its a small town, theres only 2 and one is Canadian Tire the oth)er is Benson Auto) and they tried to tell me I had to order that a brakeline right from Ford. I'm pretty sure thats bu!!$hit, Tomorow I might try Canadian Tire and see if they say the same thing.

And yeah I'm going to have a bit of fun with it after I certify it... See how its crewcab? Only me and maybe my girlfriend gonna be drivin it. Back seats = amp and sub holders. Luckily I got that old cassete player from my nissan i was talking about a few days ago I wired to play MP3's ill toss in instead of buying a Cd player :p

Before you invest in car audio, make it look the part.

Id be embarrassed to bump in that truck the way it looks right now.

Like they say, its what's on the inside that counts. But I guess you have a point, I should make it look a little better. Hell, I'll probably be a few months before I even bring it to get it certified.

the wheel arches (IMO) are far to corroded to be bondo'd up...

and besides that's a terrible way of 'fixing' anyway.

go to a scrap yard and get a new panel, or repair the old panel, with some metal, some hammers and a welder. don't just stick a load of fibre glass or bondo on it, it won't last, and won't look good for very long.

with the brake line,
if you want to get one that's already made up, then you probably will have to order it from ford.

what you need is a tape meausre, a lot of time and this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25ft-Copper-B...s_SM?hash=item5189c38a47&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-8-10-MM-PIP...g_MJ?hash=item3ef733ea93&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
and s pipe flaring tool so that you can attach the union nuts to it.

though you can buy all that in a single kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAKE-PIPE-RE...s_SM?hash=item587fa97019&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

this is exactly what I was talking about yesterday.
that kit, (with everything you need) is £30, so for £30 and a little patience and a bit of work you can have a brake line that you make pu especially to size.

or you can go to ford and buy one that they've pre-bent and pay a lot more!!

when you said that the brake lines were leaking, where are they leaking? is it the metal pipe corroded (like I just linked to).

or is it the plastic/rubber hoses,
is it just that the hoses aren't tight?

metal lines, you can make up yourself.
plastic/rubber hoses you will have to buy from Ford. or at lest a re-manufacturer.

you could perhaps look on-line and see if the same parts are used in a different car/truck perhaps a GM car, or a European car where the part would be the same, but the price may be cheaper.

Failing that a quick ebay search found up a set of 4 hoses for about £60, (from a US seller).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Back
Top Bottom