Handy Programmes for Overclockers

I would like to note that programs that claim they can overclock on the fly are dangerous and have a possibility of damaging your hardware. Use them with caution. The safest overclock is always through the BIOS.

On the flip side, it's fairly safe to overclock your GPU on on the fly.

Dude...I was writing the same thread as you posted this...FML.
Great minds think alike maybe? Feel free to post anything you think is pertinent and I'll add it.

I would like to note that programs that claim they can overclock on the fly are dangerous and have a possibility of damaging your hardware. Use them with caution. The safest overclock is always through the BIOS.

Noted but not necessarily true 100% of the time, voltages on auto are more likely to cause problems imo

EDIT: OT, why is your cpu underclocked? You giving advice in an overclocking thread seems like an oxymoron with your cpu underclocked. Also I believe you'll get better results from your memory if you run 5-5-5-15-1N rather than your current timings

EDIT: OT, why is your cpu underclocked? You giving advice in an overclocking thread seems like an oxymoron with your cpu underclocked. Also I believe you'll get better results from your memory if you run 5-5-5-15-1N rather than your current timings

My board doesn't support the Yorkfields. So I have to underclock to get past POST. I'm working on that, but you know how tight cash flow is.
And about the timings, I haven't timed them as tight as I should. The CPU being underclocked is affecting my ability to correctly clock my RAM. Again, I'll get it fixed when I can afford hardware.

We should merge our threads. When I wrote mine I also added descriptions (thus I didn't see you posting yours).
If you want, pm a mod, I'm pretty sure they'll do it or you could just take the couple of different progs in my post and put them in yours and we'll let this die.

My board doesn't support the Yorkfields. So I have to underclock to get past POST. I'm working on that, but you know how tight cash flow is.
Amen to that, I'm trying to justify buying an Asus Rampage Extreme at $A500.00
And about the timings, I haven't timed them as tight as I should. The CPU being underclocked is affecting my ability to correctly clock my RAM. Again, I'll get it fixed when I can afford hardware.
OK, I see now. I have a memory divider/slot issue with my board which Foxconn are taking their time releasing a bios correction for. The 1:3 and 1:3.2 dividers don't work and slots A2 and B2 won't clock past 480MHz which is annoying

Back
Top Bottom