Chat\Shoutbox?

Is there a point to adding a poll? In the past it's almost always been a unanimous no, and with the exception of the OP, I don't see any other "yes"'s in here.

I've yet to see a successful forum based on computers to have a successful chat in any form. In my opinion, an IRC or chatbox, ect. doesn't match the community. Anyone is more than welcome to say go to Quakenet and setup a ComputerForums chatroom, but I doubt it'd go over past 3-5 people.

In my opinion, the only reason its ever been brought up so many times, is because some people are trying to jump onto the credit bandwagon. What I mean is, if say User A sets up a 'ComputerForums chatroom' and plays it off as the "official" chatroom. Now they feel they own a part of CF. In addition to stroking their ego a bit.. its a misconception that it'll help them become a moderator later on.

This isn't always the case, of course.. though I feel if a chatroom, ventrilo, ect. were setup.. it wouldn't be used or logical to me. Its not like we don't already have a meeting area for discussion.. so having a chat or shoutbox would just be like setting up ANOTHER community.

Leave the shoutboxes, chatrooms, ect. to where they belong.. places where they can be utilized! Just my two cents.. but yeah, if someone wants to set up an IRC room.. thats on you. Just don't try to call it official without prior permission.. ;-p

No.

Instead of wasting threads, have a look through the search before you post them to see how many times it has been made before. seems like you are looking back through the pages and duplicating as much as you can atm... doesnt take a couple of minuites to search and see if its a duplicate...

Back
Top Bottom