Wireless card install issues

Fuzion1

Beta member
I have an older Pavilion 521n I am running XP on, couple years ago I updated the graphics card to an Nvidia pci and it has been performing without issues. I have now set up a wireless internet network in my house and decided to install a wireless card on this older system.

The install went fine, the wireless card is also pci. When I boot up the system I now notice that my graphics card isn't' working all the time. It decides when it wants to work or not. Internet works without any issues. The original built in video card works but the nvidia does not. When it decides to work the computer runs for about 10-15 min and then it shuts off without any warning.

Device manager shows yellow astrix on the nvidia geforce mx4000 and on IEEE 1394 bus host controllers, ohci compliant IEEE 1394host.
Both say: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. Code 12
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance

Sounds like you may be having an IRQ conflict. If you have another free PCI slot, try moving the wireless adapter to it.

Tried both of the fixes mentioned above. Thanks for the help

Unfortunately, they did not resolve my issues. The mother board has 3 pci slots they are all taken now with the sound, video, and wireless cards. Changing positions does not help resolve the issue.

I tried installing and uninstalling the drivers for the video card to no luck.

I removed the wireless card and tried it again. The video card worked fine. But the computer shuts off suddenly after maybe 10 minutes.

I have a new 350watt power unit laying around, could my power unit need replacing?

When both video card and wireless cards are on the computer the video card doesn't' work. Any further ideas?

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom