Bump Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone thinks that their problem is urgent.
everyone wants their thread to be at the top.

trouble is if you have this bump button that can be used every 2 hours like you;re asking for then you're artificially keeping you thread at the top above others who also need help, what you're really asking for is a way to make your thread seem the most important.

you can't bump for 24 hours, cause Auto merge won't let you.
but that's not a bad thing, you shouldn't need to bump a thread in any more than 24 hours.

Yeah, have to agree with that.

trouble is if you have this bump button that can be used every 2 hours like you;re asking for then you're artificially keeping you thread at the top above others who also need help, what you're really asking for is a way to make your thread seem the most important.

but that's not a bad thing, you shouldn't need to bump a thread in any more than 24 hours.

Yeah, have to agree with that.
Agreed x3

Agreed X 4

Unless this changed, I had a thread automerge one of my posts in the case gallery thread that had a gap of at least a week. Does automerge start working again some time after 24 hours when you're allowed to bump?

Unless this changed, I had a thread automerge one of my posts in the case gallery thread that had a gap of at least a week. Does automerge start working again some time after 24 hours when you're allowed to bump?

It shouldn't Once the 24 hours are up it should let you post again no matter how long has pasted. If it happens again PM me and I'll post just to bump it up with your added information.

When did it happen though? The only thing I could think of to cause that would be if it was one of the days where the DB fouled up and the date you "were posting" at was way in the past thus not 24 hours in the future. It's a stretch, but that's all I can think of.

It shouldn't Once the 24 hours are up it should let you post again no matter how long has pasted. If it happens again PM me and I'll post just to bump it up with your added information.

When did it happen though? The only thing I could think of to cause that would be if it was one of the days where the DB fouled up and the date you "were posting" at was way in the past thus not 24 hours in the future. It's a stretch, but that's all I can think of.

It was a long time ago, I don't remember when. It wasn't a big deal, I just thought it was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom