Car Thread!

Nice!! haha

I might buy myself a Mustang...
6162043567380-1987-Mustang-LX-50-convertible.jpg

Like that but with a black cloth top. It's an LX Mustang, but being the vert, it weighs slightly over 3000 lbs with the motor in. The one I am getting doesnt have front fenders or any of the front assembly except for the hood. But parts are VERY easy to find on chitownracing.com $500, comes with full length headers, efi harness and computer... It's an 87. Just waiting to hear back from my insurance guy too on a qoute on the insurance increase... The 5.0 i have will go in it when I am done with the engine. And it will become a project car. Probably switch to an 8.8" axle, and different rims and tires. Oh, it has lowering springs and brand new struts and shocks... It should be a fun little car. And it will be nice to have a car that seats 5. My truck only legally seats 2.

Nice!! haha

I might buy myself a Mustang...
6162043567380-1987-Mustang-LX-50-convertible.jpg

Like that but with a black cloth top. It's an LX Mustang, but being the vert, it weighs slightly over 3000 lbs with the motor in. The one I am getting doesnt have front fenders or any of the front assembly except for the hood. But parts are VERY easy to find on chitownracing.com $500, comes with full length headers, efi harness and computer... It's an 87. Just waiting to hear back from my insurance guy too on a qoute on the insurance increase... The 5.0 i have will go in it when I am done with the engine. And it will become a project car. Probably switch to an 8.8" axle, and different rims and tires. Oh, it has lowering springs and brand new struts and shocks... It should be a fun little car. And it will be nice to have a car that seats 5. My truck only legally seats 2.

Nice. I actually looked at late 80's early 90's Mustangs before I got my Camaro, but I couldn't find anything without rust. And at the time, when I was 15, I wasn't in the mood for body work. So I found my camaro for $2500 and it was rust and dent free and went with that.

Yeah, I wanted to do something unique with my 5.0. Like put it in a Ranger. Getting smoked by a Ranger will really leave you like, "WTF just happened?" But getting smoked by a Mustang, not so much. I looked into the Miata and RX7 5.0 swaps a little, but that would be over my head budget and work wise. So I decided this will be the best way to go. Weighs the same as my truck, but a little better weight distribution. After college I will do the Ranger swap...

When your 5.0 Camaro is done, want to race it against my 5.0 Mustang when it's done? lol

I backed into an F-150 today while I was pulling out of a parking spot at work (making deliveries). The bumper of the truck is pretty messed up, but I just got off of the phone with the owner of the truck and he said it was already pretty much hanging off (so he's not going to try to scam us, which I'm very glad about). It was totally my fault and it was just a stupid mistake (I guess I looked away or something, either way...what's done is done).

Here's a pic of the damage to our car:
qx7vkl.jpg

Ouch. My friend backed into a Miata in the school parking lot last year with his F-150... It destroyed the rear hatch of the Miata. Dented like 2 feet in. Put a 2 inch diameter scuff on his bumper... Those trucks are tough.

My uncle lives in Minnesota. Minnetonka, or Minnetrista, one of those two, haha. Anywhere near you?

But for real, just time slips. You go to a track near you, and I'll go to one near me, haha.

Did his F-150 even get a scratch on it? lol
Yeah, his bumper was really messed up, but I knew I didn't do all of that damage. While I was on the phone with him he had said someone had already seriously messed his bumper up and that I did hardly anything to it. The man was extremely nice and he made sure that I knew it really wasn't a big deal (I was freaking out). After a few phone calls between him and my mom, he decided not to file a claim because I really hadn't done much to his bumper and since it was already being taken care of, it didn't matter to him. I really got lucky, and I think I'm going to start praying or something, because I dodged a huge bullet (especially for my mom, money is tight as it is and insurance would have gone through the roof). Thank god for kind people like him.

In other news, I drove a stick shift for the first time today. My friend let me drive her car since our new car is going to be a stick and I have no idea how to drive one. She gave me some pointers but I was surprised at how not-awful I was at it. I stalled ONCE. I remember my dad used to let me shift for him in his old jetta, and he told me how the clutch worked and when to use it...truly useful information. I'm pretty sure we're getting the new car on friday night (so I can learn over the weekend, since I'm a delivery boy on weekdays).

This is the Mustang I am going to get this week

Picture390-1.jpg

Picture39332.jpg

Little Progress on the engine:
IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

and some electric fans
IMAG0177.jpg

Out of a Pontiac Grand Prix, if anyone is thinking about doing something similar for a little power increase on their car...

Back
Top Bottom