Just reinstalled windows, need help

another thing, I have a second internal hard drive that i installed (western digital wd2000jd) through a buslink sata card (model: spci2p) that is not showing up on the computer, I downloaded the driver from the western digital site but it didnt come with an exe file or any file that i could run to install the driver, and i cannot find the buslink driver. Any idea where i could find these?

What operating system? I see it listed as Windows 98/Me/2000/XP compatable.

i have xp installed, im not sure if bios sees it, could you tell me how to check?

Usually, you hit the Delete button during POST when the computer is first starting. You should be able to see the drives that the bios sees listed.

i went into the raid screen and saw that it sees my hard drive and i formatted it in that screen too, but it didnt help. During boot up the bios/raid screen comes up and it recognizes my hard drive but whenever windows boots up it still isnt seeing the drive

Wow, that's strange. At this point I think you should contact the manufacturer of the buslink adapter card. I can't think of anything else for you to check. You said earlier that Disk Management didn't see the drive. I'll post again if I come up with anything else.

yeah it doesn't show up in the device manager or disk management. I took some screenshots

devicemanagero.jpg

diskmanagement.jpg

see, nothing about the western digital. I emailed buslink a couple days ago but have yet to hear back from them.

Back
Top Bottom