trasnfer files wirelessly, over wifi (workgroup)

theshadowxx

In Runtime
ok so I want to back up a few desktop folders onto my NEW laptop cause im planning on wiping my HD on my desktop, i want to trasnfer them wirelessly over. how do i do this? my laptop is an lenovo thinkpad x200 (windows xp proffesional) my desktop is a dell xps630(running vista 32bit) i NEED ACURATE instructions, ive heard there is problems, if you are trying to do this with 2-differente OS's. So far all i've done is set the same workgroup. but the computers dont see each other. well i can see VISTA from my XP, but when i try to access my vista desktop from my XP laptop it asks me for a user name and password?!?!

so on the file and sharing center
Is it set to allow sharing and is password protected sharing set to off

ahh ok, got that part. now i can enter my pc,(doesnt ask for username or password) and it gives me these 4 folders, public, shared docs, users, my videos. on my vista desktop i shared the my videos folder. so now im trying to access it on my XP laptop, but it says Access is Denied.

did u go to control panel on the xp and go to network and internet connections and go to network setup wizard

yes and then it made me make a little file called netsetup, i then put it on a usb flash drive, and then i ran it on my vista desktop. after i ran it on my vista desktop tho it said an error has occurred, or something like that. oh btw just to let u know, i can access my public folder, from my XP laptop, not the "MY VIDEOS" folder though...

yes and then it made me make a little file called netsetup, i then put it on a usb flash drive, and then i ran it on my vista desktop. after i ran it on my vista desktop tho it said an error has occurred, or something like that. oh btw just to let u know, i can access my public folder, from my XP laptop, not the "MY VIDEOS" folder though...

Just move the files to the shared/public folder...

Or set up your other computer as a network place on each one, and drag n drop the files directly from the desktop to the laptop.

Back
Top Bottom