Bump Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone sit and think about the possibilty of this? The threads are in order of last post. How is the database supposed to keep track of what's where if it can't go by the time of the last post?

Either way, I have yet to see one good argument as to why writing "bump" every 24 hours is too hard. Any bumping under 24 hours is just over-kill anyways. Members need time to get on and see the thread, no?

PS, I'm still waiting on forums that have it.

I meant by every hour or two because what if you need URGENT help.

Maybe have a maximum bump amount also.

Which is currently what we have...? I don't understand the fuss over this. Just post "BUMP". What's the harm in that?

Not a good idea, you'd have people going around bumping useless threads that should be left to die. Furthermore they'd get pissy when the old threads were closed.

I meant by every hour or two because what if you need URGENT help.

People always think their problem is urgent. That would be the biggest problem. Everyone's definition is different, it'd be hard to manage.

everyone thinks that their problem is urgent.
everyone wants their thread to be at the top.

trouble is if you have this bump button that can be used every 2 hours like you;re asking for then you're artificially keeping you thread at the top above others who also need help, what you're really asking for is a way to make your thread seem the most important.

you can't bump for 24 hours, cause Auto merge won't let you.
but that's not a bad thing, you shouldn't need to bump a thread in any more than 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom