Student Loans

My dad's a construction manager, and my mom is an occupational therapist. I guess you can say, it pays to have some college edumacation... lol

They are a lot more worried about paying for college then me. I don't think it's going to be such a big problem... With an engineering job, I could pay back some loans pretty easily.

its an associates degree, 2 year school, but its one of the top electronics schools, Pittsburgh Technical Institute

I am going to Michigan Tech Next year. I recieved $12,000 a year for 4 years for grades. The school is about $33000 a year.?

I hate to disrupt the flow of your thread, but I need to ask you a quick question as you may be able to give me a quick answer ;) I'm going to apply to the University of Michigan this year and it is likely that I will end up there for a double major in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering. Do you think costs would be similar? (Assume I am doing a single major).

Yeah, they are both state schools.
Actually, idk. I have some friends going to NMU, and it's only like $15k a year for out of state...

If I were you, I would apply at MTU(michigan tech) great Mechanical engineering school. One of the best I think.

idk about that... Michigan Tech is VERY well known for Mechanical Engineering as far as I know. It's their best subject.

Well, it looks like my options are very small. Parent PLUS loan, which is like 8.5%, and the Stafford Loan. 6.5% and limited to $27,000 over 4 years. After that, it's home equity loan.

Back
Top Bottom