Cold Cathodes

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
OK, my friend just gave me two cold cathodes he doesn't want anymore. I have them sitting in my case across from my mobo just above the video card, lighting it up. They're 30cm I think. The only thing I see that's UV reactive (they're uv, not red or anything) in my case is my PCI-e port. Any ideas with what to do with them? I don't have a window in my case, so it's sorta lame, I've been considering trying to put one in though. Also, it came with a controller, so I can set them to flash or go on and off with music. Any ideas are welcome :D

Well, you could do the window for starters...I mean you wanna see the stuff.

Then you could grab some UV SATA cables, some UV fans, and maybe there is some neon spray paint that you could spray the inside of the whole case with that would make it pop. But, I'm more of a subtle person. I've got 2 cold cathodes in my case and I've just got a few UV SATA cables and a few ports on the MB that light up. I prefer less.

Well, you could do the window for starters...I mean you wanna see the stuff.

Then you could grab some UV SATA cables, some UV fans, and maybe there is some neon spray paint that you could spray the inside of the whole case with that would make it pop. But, I'm more of a subtle person. I've got 2 cold cathodes in my case and I've just got a few UV SATA cables and a few ports on the MB that light up. I prefer less.

Well, my case is ugly, so the more I can disguise it with the better lol. I'm really not sure how to do the window though, the case is made out of steel :eek:

But where would I find these UV sata cables? That would be pretty cool. I would love for my case to look like this...

picture.php

Also, how would I know if the neon spray paint would be UV reactive?

Newegg has a bunch of UV cables.
Just search it at the top, and pick out the ones that are the appropriate length.

The window would look cool, what kind of tools do you have access to?

Newegg has a bunch of UV cables.
Just search it at the top, and pick out the ones that are the appropriate length.

The window would look cool, what kind of tools do you have access to?

Cool, thanks.

I have 2 garages filled with my dads tools. He's built an entire 1939 ford coupe, I'm sure I can cut a hole in my case :p The only thing is, what do I put in the hole? Plexiglass? Or can I just let it open?

This UV paint is intriguing though, Would be really cool paired with stencils. Only thing is, I don't wanna buy it online, but don't know of anywhere that sells it. Everywhere just sells UV resistant stuff, which I doubt would show up :p

OK, for color scheme, I'm thinking blue and orange, or blue and green. My PSU has light blue lights in it, so I'm already stuck with blue. I could possibly go with yellow, because that's what the ports on my mobo are, but I think that would be ugly. Also, I can't find any orange cables anywhere :(

Green and blue look good, IMO

That's what I think I'm gonna do. So I'm going to get a green 120mm fan and a green sata cable. Don't know what else I can do though :-/

Wait, slight problem. I can't find 120mm uv reactive fans anywhere. Anyone know of somewhere I can get them at?

Back
Top Bottom