Featured Threads?

What happens when everyone clicks the feature button on their threads...Do we have a featured site then? That would just be awesome, 50 featured threads. I am starting to think people are suggesting new ideas just for the sake of suggesting ideas.

I'd go for this only if it was like a voting system, you know, a certain number of members clicking the "featured" button before it becomes a featured thread. Or maybe a better idea would be to make threads featured based on the number of replies.

I'd go for this only if it was like a voting system, you know, a certain number of members clicking the "featured" button before it becomes a featured thread. Or maybe a better idea would be to make threads featured based on the number of replies.
i'm for that too. maybe it's like Regular Posts > Featured > Stickies

I voted "Not sure". I can kind of see what you mean, but it seems to me like it could be well abused. Tommy had a very nice suggestion. If a member reads the thread and is stumped, he/she can hit feature. After 10+ people have hit the button, it gets displayed on the "Feature Page". To me, this idea is a whole lot better than the "Bump Button". The bump button would definitely get abused. This on the other hand (if Tommy's idea gets implemented) requires the cooperation of a lot of people and prevents spammers from getting to it. Overall, it's a good idea that needs to be refined. You'd get more consideration if you could write more, describing on how this would work and how it enhance user experience. You need to be persuasive my friend.

I too voted not sure. I sort of like the idea... But I'm not sure about the whole button factor..
I think this kind of thing should be automated.

Back
Top Bottom