Bump Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes you two clicks and 4 key strokes that you have to do once a day, it's not that hard.

I'm not really for or against it, I just don't see it as much of an improvement.

Sometimes you have gone a reasonable amount of time without response and you type bump and it goes into an automerged double post. Also, one click is simpler than two and 4 key strokes, and finally, as mentioned above, the bump wouldn't be a pointless post added to the count and taking up database space.

I seems to me that if you arn't getting a response, and you would like to bring the post to the attention of everone again, bump it by adding more detail or asking the question in a different way. You would be adding to the database, but you would also be adding to the thread, possibly in a way to encourage more response from other members.

I think it is still a good idea to do because you don't have to use it if you don't like it.

I see this ending in abuse. So many people make duplicate threads, or get pissy when their thread isn't answered in an hour.

If you can show me three forums that have a bump button I might consider supporting it. Until then, I see no point in promoting laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom