How can i boost my low wireless connection

Hi

I like to go camping with my family, When i go i bring my labtop for my son, But i have like no connection, I scan for wireless then i connect but the connection is so low becuase are camping lot, so far away, Is there anyway i can boost the connection or buy something to make it do that, thanks.:mad: :) Help

Try leaving the laptop home and enjoy the whole camping experience. Go fishing, go hiking, go swimming. Bring an acoustic guitar and have a jam session around the campfire.

Try leaving the laptop home and enjoy the whole camping experience. Go fishing, go hiking, go swimming. Bring an acoustic guitar and have a jam session around the campfire.

thats what I was trying to figure out... why would you go camping with your laptop. The point is to get away.

Well what it sounds like is that you either:

A)need to stop stealing someone's internet using THEIR wireless network

or

B)if it is provided by the campground then you need to move closer to where the signal is.

Your lucky at all that you can even find a signal, and there is no real easy way to boost it in a campground setting. You would need to install a repeater somewhere between you and the wireless router. This would be difficult to do at a campground unless you could convince the owner to do it and put the repeater up in a tree or on a pole somewhere. However, it will also need power and that is the biggest problem. If you hook up the repeater at your camper, there is no guarentee that it will be able to pick up the signal (since your can't) and it might be worthless.

You could try an atenna, but if there are things blocking the signal (like trees, electrical lines, etc.) then it might not help either. There is no way to know for sure, unless you try it. If you do go that route, make sure you check with the store/website for a return policy so that if it doesn't help, you can return it.

Back
Top Bottom