Blew up my transmission...i think

did you end up fixing it?

edit: oh and i highly doubt that its the driveshaft, as I dont even think this car has one, as it is a rear engine-rear wheel drive vehicle

well.. peugeot gave me a new one because their one had broken under warranty, so yeah, i did.. but it was pretty broken..

your best bet is to take it to a garage (if you can!)

edit: oh and i highly doubt that its the driveshaft, as I dont even think this car has one, as it is a rear engine-rear wheel drive vehicle

Your thinking of the prop-shaft that carries power from the gearbox at the front/middle of the car to the diff. at the rear. N/A to your car.

I'm talking about the drive-shafts/half-shafts that transfer power from the diff. to the wheels and your car will have them regardless.

The only difference is that the diff. will be incorporated with the gearbox on your car.

did you end up fixing it?

you have two drive shafts. one for each drivin wheel.

Well we took it to the mechanic this morning, and I'm not sure what you would call this in english, but all the teeth on this part are stripped clean. Theres one on each wheel

obraz001kog.jpg

obraz004etf.jpg

obraz005uuu.jpg

If you say there is one on each wheel, then I'm guessing that's the part that links the axle to the wheel. I'm not sure what that is called.

Did the mechanic mention what could have caused that to happen? I'm curious.

basically over-revving the car too much too fast. Too much stress on the drive mechanism. We bought it used like 2 weeks ago from some polish rednecks so we don't know what they did with it before, although it only had like 60,000 kilometres on it (car is from 1998). All in all, it cost like 50 bucks to fix, and that included parts and labour. We also had him look at the starter mechanism cuz that was failing too. Works beautifully now.

But i have to admit that i went drifting with it in the mud and did burnouts so that probably contributed to the dying of the part. :p

Back
Top Bottom