Overclock?

Jsnipe

Solid State Member
How high do you guys think I can overclock my system?

I have

Intel core 2 duo @ 2333 Ghz and 1333 fsb

2 gigs of ddr2 ram at 800

250 gts @ 1 gb ddr3

a 635w power supply

and a asus p5n-e sli mother board

Do you have the E6450 or E6550? Those both fit your description. They are both Conroe 65nm G0 Stepping C2D's and should be able to overclock quite well if you know what you are doing. Just be careful about your voltages.

Do you have the E6450 or E6550? Those both fit your description. They are both Conroe 65nm G0 Stepping C2D's and should be able to overclock quite well if you know what you are doing. Just be careful about your voltages.

watch the heat/temps more than the voltages, people with watercooling run Intels up to 1.5v all day, everyday because their temps allow it, also what psu do you have...? overclocking with an inferior psu will give you less stable results, no matter if the psu is 400w or 750w, most crappy psus overrate their wattage anyway, and as asked before, what cpu cooler do you use...? I wouldn't recommend overclocking too much with the stock cooler...

It depends on the individual processor too. It's luck really, some will go to 4.2ghz while others won't pass 2.6ghz. Just depends. But watch temps very closely.

Back
Top Bottom