iTunes virus?

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
when i got home from work i unlocked my pc and found that AVG had detcted some threats
and all of them are in the iTunes registery
and i was wondering if anyone had heard of anything else like this happening?

here are some locations of the files that AVG says is corrupted
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.Resources\da.lproj\iPodServiceLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.Resources\iPodService.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.Resources\it.lproj\iPodServiceLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.Resources\pt_PT.lproj\iPodServiceLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.Resources\zh_CN.lproj\iPodServiceLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.Resources\zh_TW.lproj\iPodServiceLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\da.lproj\iTunesLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\iTunesRegistry.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\ja.lproj\iTunesLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\pt_PT.lproj\iTunesLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\ru.lproj\iTunesLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\da.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\iTunesHelper.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\ja.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\pt_PT.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\ru.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\sv.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\zh_CN.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.Resources\zh_TW.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\iTunes 8.2.0.23\iTunes64.msi";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Users\allen\Documents\apps\iTunes64Setup.exe";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"
"C:\Users\allen\Documents\apps\iTunes64Setup.exe:\iTunes64.msi:\iTunes.cab:\iPodService.Resources_da.lproj_iPodServiceLocalized.dll";"Trojan horse Small.BOG";"Infected"

if anyone has heard of anything else like this let me know
thanks

i heard this to man i did a whole scan of my pc and only found viruses in my itunes folder so i uninstalled it and deleted the folder and ran a scan and my pc was fine no viruses but when i re downloaded itunes i did a scan on the installer and it found 99 viruses..so i deleted it

idky my avg is saying this hopefully someone can fix it

O and BTW my AVG is all up to date

^^ That company made the online scanner I linked to. I started using shortly after I joined here, and I have never looked back.

Sorry to say but I find AVG to be REALLY bad. waaaay too many false positives and it wouldn't pick up an eicar test string. Sad...

Back
Top Bottom