Random Chit Chat

So my dad and I are re-shingling the roof at our house ourselfs. We had to bring the old shingles to the local dump this afternoon, but since my sister had the F-150 all day at work, we went down to the rental place and rented an F-350 Super Duty for the day. I'm driving down the highway to the dump, and it kicks into 4 wheel drive randomly. I check the switch on the dash to toggle 2 or 4 wheel drive. Its still showing 2 wheel. I give the switch a flip to 4x4 and then back to 2, nothing happens. So I keep going and do the dump run and come back, crank it over later and go for a ride around the block to see if by some miracle its in 2 wheel drive, no luck :(

I have to return the truck tomorow evening. I'm afraid if I return it like this and play dumb like its not happening there going to charge me for repairs. Anybody ever hear of this happening, and how to go about fixing it without Enterprise Rent-a-Car knowing? :p

Used to happen on our old F-150. But not automatically like that! It would stick in 4x4 though. Did you try reversing the truck while disabling it?

Man, I caught the Mayhem Festival in Atlanta yesterday. That **** was f***ing awesome, Slayer, Marilyn Manson and Killswitch are absolutely awesome live.

-=|Edit|=-
Here are a few pictures from the show.

l_66b4bcb68a9f41d0bdc29cc8521bef27.jpg

Slayer

l_c0f10bfc1cc8452dbf48ce539eb3135b.jpg

Marilyn Manson

l_a2764e4d800b434e818eaf66ec660ed3.jpg

Killswitch Engage

l_f818d74ea87144f0a6b766a54df45fd4.jpg

Bullet For My Valentine

l_48a68e500a1348619d5f3ff24c110754.jpg

All That Remains

I also got to see Whitechapel, Job For a Cowboy, Trivium, Behemoth, God Forbid, Cannibal Corpse and The Black Dahlia Murder. The Metal Mulisha also was also set up showing out on their bikes. It was a very awesome day, can't wait for next year.

Used to happen on our old F-150. But not automatically like that! It would stick in 4x4 though. Did you try reversing the truck while disabling it?

yeah, it got it back into 2 wheel... I guess I'd better not pop it into 4x4 until after I return it tomorow :p thanks a lot! saved me $100 in repairs. :D

I remember back then when I was messing with my flash one night, and I didn't have a pandora. I somehow bricked it, and I was like "Huh... I bricked it." So then I IM'ed my friend asking him to borrow his PSP for about a minute to make the pandora to recover. But I had to wait a few hours since it was night, and we didn't feel like going to each others house.
I like pandora, first time I bricked my PSP was before pandora was released, and I was depressed for a week.

There's a lot of good games coming out this fall for the PSP, but I am waiting for MGS Peace Walker.

Hell Yeah! LBP,GT,Motorstorm and the new I-L2 :D

yeah, it got it back into 2 wheel... I guess I'd better not pop it into 4x4 until after I return it tomorow :p thanks a lot! saved me $100 in repairs. :D

No problem. Glad I could be of some assistance.

In other news:

Started Project Black Smith today. That's all I can divulge at this moment in the chit chat thread. Check out the case gallery in a few minutes and see if I have uploaded any pictures.

We have a 2006 F-350 and the same happens. If you put it in 4WD, about the only way to get it back out is to go into grass or dirt - or something with low density so that you can slip easy. Put the knob to 2WD and turn either way and move slowly. 4WD can easily damage your drivetrain on pavement because it has no give in it and 4WD is meant to be used on surfaces with *lack of a better word* less...stiffness. If you kind of see what I mean.

I've always wondered how you could tell if its still in 4x4 or 4x2 without doing anything that could cause damage. Because I know it can take a bit of movement to actually engage.

We have a 2006 F-350 and the same happens. If you put it in 4WD, about the only way to get it back out is to go into grass or dirt - or something with low density so that you can slip easy. Put the knob to 2WD and turn either way and move slowly. 4WD can easily damage your drivetrain on pavement because it has no give in it and 4WD is meant to be used on surfaces with *lack of a better word* less...stiffness. If you kind of see what I mean.

lol thats the same year I'm having problems with, 2006. It was just funny though it randomly kicked into 4WD, I hadn't touched the dial from the time I pulled out of the rental place until then. All it was doing was running on pavement and a smooth dirt road.

And to think I'm having vehicle problems already and I just got my licence about a week and a half ago... :p

Back
Top Bottom