Service Multiple Inputs with Headphones

zlashed

Baseband Member
I have a pair of headphones which I use while playing 360 as well as on my PC. I use a single HDTV as both my monitor and my TV, so I run both my PC and my 360 through the TV. I have a coupler which transforms the audio cables (red and white) from the 360 into a single 3.5mm headphone input (male end). I also have a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cord that I can run from my PC sound card headphone jack. Is there a unit that I can purchase that can accept the cable from my 360 and the cable from my PC, and have a headphone jack which I can plug my headphones into in order to service both the PC and the 360 without unplugging the headphones to switch between the two? I know this is complicated, but replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here's a visual representation of what I am looking for. The PC and the 360 both plug into the unit and the Headphones run from the unit and can receive the sounds from both of them without unplugging (not both at the same time, though). The fabled unit is the item that I am searching for.

in4i6g.jpg

Oh. That should be fairly easy to find. Just a moment. I'll see what I can come up with.

http://www.8starshop.com/en/3-way-audio-video-av-rca-switch-switcher-splittercable.html

This is what you are looking for...basically.

You will need a 3.5mm to Stereo-RCA cable for your computer

image.php

And since the single output will also be in RCA, you will need an RCA to female 3.5mm jack cable.

P4196a.jpg

It's quite elaborate, but will do the trick with 3 different inputs.

EDIT2: I wouldn't recommend buying from these places, they just had the images I wanted.

Thanks a lot Grantofhell, I appreciate it. Do you think it is likely that I will be able to purchase a similar item at a nearby retail store such as radio shack or best buy? Thanks once again for the find.

Absolutely. Just look for an RCA splitter. Talk to one of the reps at teh store. Also ask them if they have a 3.5mm Splitter/Switcher so that you can use a normal 3.5mm cable out from your computer and just buy one Female RCA to Male 3.5mm cable to your splitter and plug your headphones right into it.

I was a little incorrect above. The cable you see in the picture needs to be MALE RCA to female 3.5mm jack so you can plug in your headphones to it and plug the male RCA into the output on the splitter.

CABLE-Audio-Y-Splitter-2-RCA-Male-to-1-3-5mm-Female-Cwholesale.jpg

SORT OF what your layout should end up being like:

audiosplitterlayout.png

You will need the single RCA video cable because of the Xbox360's cables. You can't separate the video from the audio UNLESS you are using the component video. If you are using component video, you don't need the single video cable.

Thank you VERY much Grantofhell. I really appreciate your help, and I definitely appreciate you taking the time to create that picture. I should be on my way to creating the ideal setup, thanks to you.

*EDIT* I am in fact using the HD component cables for the Xbox, and I will not need the single video cable. Thanks again.

OVER COMPLICATED

You just need a female-female to female cable if I understand correctly

110272.jpg

except with a female to female on the end of it.

EDIT: One of these...

21OZjVMMI-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom