Memtest86 Reboots Computer

treythomas123

Baseband Member
Ok so I've been experiencing some random crashes so I decided to run memtest86 to see if the memory might be responsible. I have an AMD Phenom II X3 720 and 4gb of OCZ Reaper RAM.

1 or 2 seconds into memtest, the machine immediately turns of and starts rebooting. I read somewhere that a bug in some BIOS's involving Legacy USB Devices would cause this to happen, but I disabled that feature and that didnt change anything.

Everything is at stock speeds. Memory clocks are at auto. I tried manually setting the memory to 400 and 533 but this didn't make a difference.

The crashes usually occur while watching videos or gaming, if this makes a difference. I originally thought the graphics card was the problem but was going to test the memory just in case.

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Which Memtest did you use? 86+?

It sounds like you have a bad module(s) there somewhere, do you have 2*2GB? Test them one at a time to see if you can isolate the culprit

Which revision of MemTest 86 DOS did you use? 3.5 scanned 4Gb of memory in about 3 seconds and rebooted my computer. 3.4a scanned correctly and tested my memory properly. If you aren't using MemTest86 DOS, I suggest you do and use 3.4a.

Back
Top Bottom