Fedora 11 - Anyone use it?

I actually followed an guide from google, but I never got the same results as them, so I just attempted it on my own, which ended up deleting my whole HDD. I tried other options before, but I always got the same error. I posted an topic here, but nobody actually helped me, so I gave up.

well if you ever want to try it again, i'd happily help you out. Let me know :)

My laptop is running the same chipset you are speaking about, the Geforce 8200m, and Fedora 11 installed perfectly for me....that is the KDE version, clearly.

Are you trying to boot up GNOME? Cause my laptop wouldn't boot the GNOME version of the liveCD, so i just resorted to using KDE.

I am running Gnome. I never really liked KDE. I have nothing against it but it is just too much like Windows for me. I might have to give it a shot though so that I can get back to my ambassador duties.

Cheers!

What's your opinion on KDE4? I only got to spend about five minutes with it in Kubuntu before I had mega hardware failure >.<

As for Fedora, I don't particularly like it, although I guess a lot of that is because I'm not a great fan of Red Hat-based distros at all. I'm much more at home with the Debian-based bunch, although I really love Arch Linux. Another major part of the reason was that it just never felt like a polished, finished product to me. I always had to work harder to get things running as stable as I like with Fedora than a lot of the other distros I have used.

@Denthul

KDE4...well its ok. Looks all nice and glossy...so far i haven't really had any problems with it. Many would say its very much like windows...which is true...expecially how they added in the system widgets etc.

I am really a fan of GNOME, but since i saw fedora 11's KDE, i had to try it out. So to answer your question, its nice!

@Denthul

KDE4...well its ok. Looks all nice and glossy...so far i haven't really had any problems with it. Many would say its very much like windows...which is true...expecially how they added in the system widgets etc.

I am really a fan of GNOME, but since i saw fedora 11's KDE, i had to try it out. So to answer your question, its nice!

Cool. I'm putting my old rig back together soon, so I might try a KDE-based distro before doing my 'proper' install. :)

Back
Top Bottom