What's up with newegg?

Fully Optimized
So I guess it was 6+ months ago that newegg used to sell all of their great SATA DVD drives.

All of a sudden, they went out of stock and they've been that way until now.

Does anyone have an idea when they'll be back out and selling?

I see a whole page of them....samsung, sony, pioneer, plextor, LG, what do you mean by the great ones?

A lot of the manufacturers have slowed their production of the DVD drives to make more Blu-rays, and it created a shortage. Then, they tried to not leave anyone out on getting them, so they cut how many they sent to the really big buyers, such as newegg..

This what I mean. SATA DVD Drives There are two here for sale that have any decent ratings. The other ones that used to be really poplar out have been out of stock for the past 6 or more months. I don't get it.

Like I said, the demand is much greater than the supply. It's not newegg's fault, the manufacturers are switching to blu ray and naturally can't produce as much.

Yeah, all the "good" ones are out of stock everywhere, TBH. I remember having a very hard time finding any for clients a few months ago.

Seems like the cost of DVD drives went up. Last time I looked at them, they were all around $20-$25 for SATA with lightscribe.

EDIT - I just saw an Blu-Ray drive on newegg for $60. I kind of want to pick it up, but I spent this months money on SFIV.

Again, supply and demand. If there's hardly any supply, but a lot of demand, they can basically charge more because people will still usually buy the product. This isn't always true, but can be a characteristic.

Back
Top Bottom