Ok, so...

I suppose I don't know enough, but it just seems odd that more powerful processors and video components can't do the job of less powerful, older ones. No tweaking in programming/os/etc could work? Could you explain the difference in the architectures or how a system's programming could completely tie it to that architecture?

its not that the console is needed, just the games for console are programmed for it, just like how its impossible to play Crysis at MAX on 360's and PS3's, its just written wrong for consoles, so when Crysis 2 comes out for multi-platform, so many people are worried because it is written for cross platform support so when it comes to PC it will be watered down...

PC's can go much higher with graphics, but consoles can use codes more efficiently ( so it seams, i maybe wrong)

I dont know a ton about this, but I'm explaining what I do know.

I know microsoft has whole teams of people who work just to keep their gaming platforms closed. I also know that the xbox firmware is extremely difficult and has major copyrights and whole teams backing it up.

Therefore, there is no modding the firmware, there is only creating your own to try to be as close as possible to the original without reverse-engineering it. Then you have to emulate every part of the oriiginal system foor each other part that would be used.

Does this make sense?

I dont know a ton about this, but I'm explaining what I do know.

I know microsoft has whole teams of people who work just to keep their gaming platforms closed. I also know that the xbox firmware is extremely difficult and has major copyrights and whole teams backing it up.

Therefore, there is no modding the firmware, there is only creating your own to try to be as close as possible to the original without reverse-engineering it. Then you have to emulate every part of the oriiginal system foor each other part that would be used.

Does this make sense?

Yeah, it does. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom