Networks

So today I just realized how important networking (with other people) really is. As I was walking out of my Calculus class, I was talking to a colleague. He asked me what major I was looking toward and I answered something in Engineering, most likely Aerospace or Mechanical. Then he said, "why not both?" He went on to explain to me how he knew these 2 guys who owned companies that modified airplane parts. Apparently, there are only 7 in the country who are allowed to do so. Because he was in a hurry, I didn't get a chance to grab his e-mail, but I'll try to do so next week.

Has anyone here made successful connections from meetings like that? In another words, can this connection I'm attempting to make play out for my benefit if I look to get a job with one of these companies?

This double major deal really got me interested because it puts both of the majors I was considering together. He also told me salary is in the $150,000-$200,000 range.

WOW!!!

Definitely look into it, and be sure to show him your interest.

Yeah hahaha. I'm going to certainly get his e-mail for future reference. Even if he's not good friends with the guys, he can still help me get my name out there. In 4-5 years we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom