Your oppinion on this...

Bloody

Beta member
Okay i am planning on buying a new laptop, and will be playing WoW on it mostly. CSS and CoD as well.

Will this be okayy?

AMD athlon x2 dual core QL-64 2.1GHZ CPU
4GB RAM
320GB HDD
DVD Super Multi (dual layer)
Wireless Intel 802.11b/g/N
Vista home premium

Im not quite sure if all of that was necessary, like the whole Hard drive lol.

Im just not that educated about computers etc.

Thanks for ya time ;)

Can you post the product model and tell us the cost? You are missing the GPU spec.

IMHO, if you are going to use it for gaming, then I would say no. Reason being is that laptops shouldn't really be planned to be used for gaming unless its specified.

From those specs....and not even seeing your vid card, i know for a fact CoD will lag like a bitch.

CSS and WoW probably would run on almost all new laptops/computers...they aren't very graphic heavy.

But like Teny said, i wouldn't recommend a laptop for gaming....unless ofcourse you buy a "Gaming" laptop...say from Alienware or something along those lines.

Its an Acer, and thats all the information given on it in the pamphlet lol.

Its $800 Aus, and only reason why im getting a laptop is because i dont play games a whole lot, and i use a laptop atm.

I cbf wasting time and money on a Tower.

Laptops are so much easier to move around.

So if i only used it for CSS and WoW, then it'll be just fine?

Btw, it doesnt state that theres a graphics card, theres one thats exactly the same with a Radeon HD 3650, 512MB but for $700AUS more-.-

I don't see why it wouldn't be just fine for WoW (though I highly dislike the soul-stealing game) and CSS. But yeah, definitely no go for CoD. And Vista'll eat up a good bit of memory all the time, so I'd personally step it up to a better graphics card with like a gig or so of memory. 4 gigs of RAM is all you'll really get into most laptops (are there any mainstream 8 gig laps now?) but that's all you really need.

If it has integrated gpu, your system will be able to play them but your gpu will kill your performance is all. Unless the gpu is specified something it normally is a cheap oem that will play the game at low fps.

Back
Top Bottom