Fedora 11 - Anyone use it?

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
I just got it installed on my HP G60 Laptop. Looks amazing...so clean, beautiful too. Had no problems of any kind installing either!!

here is a screenshot of my desktop!

snapshot2.png

I just use Windows, but I have never even heard of Fedora, hmm.
Any compatibility issues? It seems well designed and thought out, so I might give it a test if I find a junker computer.

untitled-3.jpg

Lol I thought of the show Swiat Wedlug Kiepskich, lol.

Amazing show....Swiat Wedlug Kiepskich...my favorite!!

As for compatibility...none for me, but that doesn't mean it will be as smooth of an install for you as it was for me. It all really depends on your hardware etc.

If i was you, if you just want to dinker around with the linux, install "VirtualBox" (its free), and install the linux there. This way it won't mess up your windows in any way.

try it out....u never know...u might become a linux dork like me :p....and best of it all...its always FREE :)

IMO it looks flashy, butt as far as functionality, it is meh.
I'm still not convinced on any of these bleeding-edge linux distros.
You all know what I use so i dont have to bother re-stating it.

I'm still not convinced on any of these bleeding-edge linux distros.

Speaking as an Ambassador for Fedora, F11 isn't the bleading edge. What we call Rawhide is the bleeding edge.

I am currently using Ubuntu for the time because I am having issues with my Fedora install and I am trying to figure it out. I believe that it has something to do with the current drivers for my laptop, which is running on Nvidia motherboard and a GeForce 8200m video drivers. Other than that I feel that Fedora is the way to go with linux, but now I am starting to talk with my Ambassador hat on. If anyone has any questions or needs any answer to anything linux just let me know and I will do my best to help you.

Good night!

Speaking as an Ambassador for Fedora, F11 isn't the bleading edge. What we call Rawhide is the bleeding edge.

I am currently using Ubuntu for the time because I am having issues with my Fedora install and I am trying to figure it out. I believe that it has something to do with the current drivers for my laptop, which is running on Nvidia motherboard and a GeForce 8200m video drivers. Other than that I feel that Fedora is the way to go with linux, but now I am starting to talk with my Ambassador hat on. If anyone has any questions or needs any answer to anything linux just let me know and I will do my best to help you.

Good night!

My laptop is running the same chipset you are speaking about, the Geforce 8200m, and Fedora 11 installed perfectly for me....that is the KDE version, clearly.

Are you trying to boot up GNOME? Cause my laptop wouldn't boot the GNOME version of the liveCD, so i just resorted to using KDE.

Looks nice, I never used it. I installed Ubuntu on my laptop once, but I accidentally deleted my whole HDD, and just went back to windows afterwards because I don't know how to partition the drives.

Looks nice, I never used it. I installed Ubuntu on my laptop once, but I accidentally deleted my whole HDD, and just went back to windows afterwards because I don't know how to partition the drives.

Its actually very easy, and if you google'd for help, you'd find tones of tutorials. Anyhow, incase you decide to try it again...

If you want to manually partition...you really only need these

/boot - 100MB is more then enough
/ - As large as you like, this is the ROOT partition, so like the C:\in windows
/home - As large as you like, this is where you store all your music and pictures etc.
/swap - Its the pagefile, usually 2GB

and thats it :)

Most distros actually allow you to automatically have the system partition the HD for you. But the above is the basic skeleton.

I actually followed an guide from google, but I never got the same results as them, so I just attempted it on my own, which ended up deleting my whole HDD. I tried other options before, but I always got the same error. I posted an topic here, but nobody actually helped me, so I gave up.

I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE HDD

Back
Top Bottom