Sapphire 4830..Im about to send it back

^
I have sent products back to newegg on several occasions and never had to pay a restocking fee. Is that something specific to video cards?

I got this from Tigerdirect.

The GTS 250..How does that stack up to the 4830? I went with the 4830 based on some good reviews.

The main reason I am looking now at nvidia now is because my mother board ASUS M3N78 Pro comes with nvidia graph..Might give me less problems and run like a champ.

^
I have sent products back to newegg on several occasions and never had to pay a restocking fee. Is that something specific to video cards?

No restocking fee if you get a replacement.

If you buy something else instead, the yes you will have to pay it.

Not sure about tiger though.

No restocking fee with Tiger if the item is defective. They make you pay if you are returning the item for no good reason within 30 days.

I will see what I can do tomorrow. I just pulled the card and went back to the onboard graphics and they are alot better than the card. Google is normal colors now instead of purple text.

Thanks for the help. I paid around 100 for that card so If any of you have a better suggestion on a card I should get please let me know. I will be talking to tigerdirect real soon.

The GTS 250 will own the 4830. And they aren't but a few more bucks. I say go for it. I prefer Nvidia personally as well.

Meh.
ATI!!!!!
Where'd you buy from. If its newegg, they will make you pay a restock fee to get a dfferent card even if its DOA.

I contacted newegg when I received an DOA product. They gave me a prepaid shipping label because it was DOA, and they just took it back, inspected it, and gave me a full refund including the shipping.

The 9800's aren't bad. But that's not a very future-proof investment.

Yeah, I wouldnt really recommend getting the 9800GT anymore since my 8800GT is starting to be not able to max out the newer games.

The GTS 250 will own the 4830. And they aren't but a few more bucks. I say go for it. I prefer Nvidia personally as well.

Isn't the GTS 250 an "rebranded" 8800GT? I'm kind of outdated on computer components right now...

Meh.
ATI!!!!!
Where'd you buy from. If its newegg, they will make you pay a restock fee to get a dfferent card even if its DOA.
That's for returns only. RMAs do not require a restocking fee since they are not restocking them. I've done both returns and RMAs through Newegg and only the return had a restocking fee. The only thing you will have to pay for is postage when you ship the dead card to Newegg.

Isn't the GTS 250 an "rebranded" 8800GT? I'm kind of outdated on computer components right now...

The 8800GT, 9800GT (GTS, GTX, GTX+, etc...), and the GTS 250 all use the G92 GPU. But the GTS 250 is a quite capable card. I believe they added more shader cores and increased the core/memory/shader clocks.

Back
Top Bottom