Is this a good build?

Looks killer, a lot like the one I built a couple months ago (mine was intel though)

I know you said you want the 1000W supply, but personally I would only run like a 850 and use that money to put on a better GPU. but I do a lot of gaming.

you are going to LOVE that case too. tons of room makes cable management easy.

and just a heads up: if you are anything like me, you are building such a expensive system because you have a need for speed, so you are going to want to OC that CPU in about two months. go ahead and maybe get a "beefier" cpu fan so you don't have to switch later. (thats only if you think you will OC, the stock fan will work fine in that case)

+1 on the OZ ram, for the price you can't beat it

It will work, but that's one hell of a card. I hope you have intentions of installing a car radiator in your case. I hear they can get up to 90C fairly quickly.

I was wondering if this video card would work with this build.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150349

Welcome to the forums.

This system looks extremely nice. I just wish I had the money for something like this. But as for this system, 1000 watts is plain overkill. I suggest taking the PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt, Silverstone 750 Watt, Corsair 750 Watt, or the XIGGY 750 Watt. Whichever you prefer.

You will only need 750 Watts to run that 4870 X2 and you will still have room for more upgrades.

OK, I took everyone's advice and went with this 750w power supply:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703009. I'm still looking for a way to keep the 4870 x2 cool (I was thinking water cooling, but I'm a little afraid to do that), but otherwise I believe that everything is in order. Should I look for anything else before I start ordering the parts and putting it together?

Good choice on the power supply. I love PC Power and Cooling's products.

And don't worry about water cooling on the video card. Yes it gets hot, but it was designed to get hot and not break. You'll be fine as long as the Antec 1200's fans are all set to high speed.

Other than that, looks like you have a killer system.

Back
Top Bottom