Need help with DBAN

johnny1975

Beta member
1.I have a Dell Inspiron and I downloaded the latest dban to clean it out and It said unfatal error bad sectors...
perhaps I need an older version of dban?

I have a disk from a friend....whats the easiest way to burn the iso image to the disk?

2.If I cant run DBAN whats a good program I can buy in the store to delete a Dell Inspiron computer.

In other words, you need to fix those bad sectors in order for DBAN to run. DBAN specifically states it will not run on bad hardware. You'll need to get your hard drive manufacturer's utility disc to try and fix the bad sectors.

In other words, you need to fix those bad sectors in order for DBAN to run. DBAN specifically states it will not run on bad hardware. You'll need to get your hard drive manufacturer's utility disc to try and fix the bad sectors.

I read somewhere else online i can download an earlier version of DBAN and that should work....

Did you do what I suggested?

What's your hard drive brand? Model? If it's telling you it has bad sectors, I kind of doubt it's lying, and you'll need to fix them first before running DBAN, like I said earlier.

Is it very easy to just replace the hard drive....i think it would be a better idea with this bad sectors issue. Its an inspiron 1525.

Is it a SATA or IDE interface harddrive? If you replace it, you'll also need a new operating system.

I fixed the bad sectors....Im ready to nuke. I see only 1 listing under disks and partitions on the main boot and nuke page. It says ATA Disk WBC and it goes on. I recall there being more options listed with my HP. Is this unusual of does it sound correct for an Inspiron 1525?

I'm running
PRNG:Mersenne Twister
Method:pRNG Stream
Verify:All Passes
Rounds:6

Is there any way to mess this up now?

Well, no, you can't really mess it up, but 6 passes will take a while. You really only needed 3. You can wait until 3 get done and it starts on 4 and you can power it down if you want, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom